This year for Memorial weekend we went camping with our friends Tara and Gareth and their son Kallum down at Fish Lake. Mike and I left Friday morning and got there just after lunch. We had a challenge setting up the tent because it was really windy and we had our dog that one of us had to hold onto. It was an adventure and we both got annoyed quickly, but when we finally got the tent set up I got our bed set up and we just laid down and relaxed for a bit. Tara and Gareth arrived around 8p.m. and we helped them get there stuff set up and then we all sat around the fire and talked for a bit. The next day we got up and had breakfast and then the boys went fishing while Tara and I with Kallum just hung out. We played games, went on a walk, ate food and took naps. It was nice. We just relaxed. Oh I almost forgot to mention our first night was NOT a good one. We made Bam (our dog) sleep IN the sleeping bags with us because otherwise he would freeze. He didn't like that much and he moved aroung A LOT! So we didnt get much sleep. Anyways towards the end of the day on Saturday Tara and I were kinda worn out. It has been a while since we have gone for more than one night camping. We were talking about maybe leaving Sunday late afternoon but it was still up in the air. The boys came back late and we ate dinner and sat by the fire again. That night was better. Mike and I switched sleeping sides and he got better sleep than I did but again Bam was moving around and kicking me and it made it hard but we got through it. Sunday morning Mike and I talked and decided we wanted to go home that evening. We told Tara and they decided they were going to leave also. So Tara and Gareth went to have a bit of Family time while Mike and I had our time then they came back and the guys went out fishing for a bit while Tara and I had lunch and played games and when they game back we packed up and headed out. We didnt take many pictures until we were packing and heading out but at least we got some. Mike and I would like to go back some time when the weather is warmer so we will see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment