Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Recipes

Ok so I have talked to some of you about needing yummy healthy recipes but I thought I would post and see if I got any others.....ya right. Well it is worth a try. So I dont have a lot of things I cook mostly cause I work nights but when I do cook it is always the same things over and over and it is always pasta. So I need anyones help in coming up with a variety of recipes that are easy and more healthy than pasta. Thanks!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad you commented on my blog!!! (& that you said I wasn't old and uncool ;)) I am glad you are going to the open house. It was sooo beautiful!

Anyways, on to your post. I have the best/easiest potato soup recipe. I don't think it is that healthy, but it is good and easy.

1 bag frozen hashbrowns (the cubed kind)
3 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans chicken broth
1 pint half and half
add some milk or more half and half to get it the consistency you want.

Put in big pot and heat up. Serve with sour cream, cheese, and crumbled bacon. It really is so good. I am getting hungry just thinking about it. It does make a ton so you will have leftovers, but that just means less cooking the rest of the week right?

And one more comment. I am sure you can make it healthy by doing low fat cream of chiken and sub milk for the half and half. You can't take out the bacon though. THat is the best part!

Shanna said...

Ooh that soup that Amy posted does sound good. I'm going to have to try that. And you can put the leftovers in freezer bags or something and then there's dinner for a later night and you don't have to cook or worry about it going bad.
I'll have to think of some recipes for you and maybe post a couple of mine favorites on our blog. I have a really good honey glazed pork chops one that I've used for chicken too and it's yummy. I'll have to get it to you.

Heidi said...

Thanks guys!!! :) I am so excited to try that soup!